So I'm almost a week out from the last day of Alt Summit. It was a whirlwind of back TO back lectures, socializing, networking, and engaging. Alt was draining in the most delightful of ways. My priority since my return home was to diligently visit the blogs and social media of all the talented ladies I rubbed shoulders with.
This was my third Alt Summit, my Junior year, if you will. Last year's conference was all about making connections, while this year was all about deepening those connections and having FUN.
Highlights from the conference:
- The opening night dinner hosted by Minted at Taqueria 27
- Lisa Congdon's opening keynote
- Allison of THE Allison Show
- Dallas Clayton's closing keynote
- Getting my hair "did" in the Freshly Picked lounge
- The mini parties, which are far from mini
- Push boundaries rather than regurgitating trends
- Show up and do the work
- Be kind, polite, professional, and have humility
- It's your humanity that makes connections
The Allison Show
- Make your life a party you can't miss
- Search for your awesome
- Be YOURSELF
- A brand consists of two things: 1. A strong visual style. 2. A strong tone or voice (find your language).
- Oh and last but not least, the swell dance move I took away
l All photographs by Justin Hackworth l
I'll also throw out the common refrain I heard again and again, which is the importance of self care. More than anything you cannot excel without it. If you don't do it now, you won't do it later.